The Statewide Election is Here! Across the state, thousands of fifth grade students are casting their ballots for the next Connecticut’s Kid Governor. Classes registered to vote will analyze the campaign videos of the seven candidates on the ballot in order to make a an informed vote. To learn more about the 2020 Statewide Election or to watch the candidate campaign videos, click HERE.
Meet the 2020 Candidates for Connecticut’s Kid Governor!
Seven fifth grade students from across the state are finalists in the 2020-21 race for Connecticut’s Kid Governor. Beginning on November 2nd, over 5,600 students will be voting for one of their peers to serve a year-long term as the 2021 CTKG! The Candidates are:
- Claire, who is running on a platform about Racism.
- Cora, who is running on a platform about Climate Change.
- Houda, who is running on a platform about Body Shaming.
- Myalee, who is running on a platform about Racism.
- Nathan, who is running on a platform about Racism.
- Reese, who is running on a platform about Pandemic Health.
- Sameer, who is running on a platform of College Readiness.
The winner of the 2021 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Statewide Election will be revealed on November 19 or 20, 2020. The elected student will be sworn into office on Inauguration Day on January 15, 2021.
All Ballots Must Be Submitted by 5:00pm on Tuesday, November 10th.
Check Out the Statewide Election Virtual Resources!
Registered teachers have access to the Statewide Election Resources folder in their Connecticut’s Kid Governor 2020-21 Toolkits and Resources Google Drive. These resources include:
- The 2020-21 CTKG Media Kit & Graphics
- The 2020 Ballot in PDF form and a Google Form version
- The Analyzing Campaign Videos worksheet in PDF form and a Google Form version
- The Candidates’ Campaign videos.
New! Your Class Can Attend a Virtual Election Rally!
CTKG Classes and voters are invited to attend one of seven live Virtual Election Rallies during the Statewide Election! Join the CTKG Team on Facebook or YouTube as we introduce you to the seven final candidates, show their campaign videos, and provide quiet time for students to complete their Analyzing Campaign Videos and Speeches worksheets/rubrics. Each rally will last 40-50 minutes.
Attend a Virtual Election Rally!
- Monday, November 2 – 11:00am
- Tuesday, November 3 – 6:00pm
- Wednesday, November 4 – 10:00am
- Thursday, November 5 – 12:00pm
- Friday, November 6 – 1:00pm
- Monday, November 9 – 2:00pm
- Tuesday, November 10 – 9:00am
Our CTKG Team is always looking for ways to support you, our dedicated CTKG Educators. We hope these rallies will make teaching the Statewide Election easier while providing your students the unique opportunity to learn about voting directly from our staff!