CTKG Ella and the Cabinet in Hartford
On June 8, 2019, CTKG Ella and Cabinet members Melody, Reilly, and Hayden visited Connecticut’s Old State House in Hartford for Open House Day. As a part of their visit, Ella and the Cabinet hosted a Collection Drive to collect nonperishable food items for East Hartford and Hartford food pantries, toiletries for Mercy Housing and Shelters Corporation in Hartford and the Winifred House Southington; and signatures for visitors to pledge to reduce their screen time.
2019 CTKG Ella visits Sunset Ridge School
April 4, 2019– 2019 CTKG Ella was invited to speak with the Student Ambassadors at Sunset Ridge Middle School in East Hartford. While visiting the school, Ella spoke with students about being Connecticut’s Kid Governor, her platform, and answered questions from the students.
Stronger Than Cancer: 2018 CTKG Megan’s Video Series
In 2018, Connecticut’s Kid Governor Megan set out to create an educational video of interviews of people who have or have had cancer. The single video evolved into a six part series to go along with Megan’s Stronger Than Cancer platform. Watch the whole series on YouTube now!
Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit
- January-December 2019- Connecticut’s Old State House, Hartford, CT. Open to the public! (admission rates apply)
- March 7-15, 2019- Casimir Pulaski Elementary School, Meriden, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Jason Hayes)
- March 15-22, 2019- Canton Intermediate School, Canton, CT (Home of 2018 Nominee Margo Wiser)
- March 22-29, 2019- Webster Hill Elementary School, West Hartford, CT (Home of 2018 Nominee Gavin Potts)
- March 29- April 5, 2019- Norfeldt Elementary School, West Hartford, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Eva Greenspan)
- April 8-12, 2019- Pawcatuck Middle School, Pawcatuck, CT
- April 12-18, 2019- Sarah J. Rawson Elementary School, Hartford, CT
- April 18-26, 2019- Alfred E. Burr Elementary School, Hartford, CT
- April 26-May 3, 2019- Pleasant Valley Elementary School, South Windsor, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Hayden Xhokaxhiu)
- May 6-10, 2019- Plantsville Elementary School, Southington, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Reilly Bard)
New: Support CTKG Ella’s
Support Connecticut’s Kid Governor Ella Briggs’ Pride-Hope-Love platform with the new Showing Respect for all Students activity! Adapted from Ella’s activity for Inauguration Day 2019, students are asked to come up with ideas for how they can show respect to all students in their school. The activity includes creative ways to display and discuss these ideas through writing projects and more. Click here for more.
New: The Kid Governor Library!
March is National Reading Month and Connecticut’s Kid Governor is celebrating with the launch of the new Kid Governor® Library! The library features books about civics, government, and voting that will enable you to connect Kid Governor lessons with your English Language Arts curriculum. We’ve also included books that our current Kid Governors from across the country and staff enjoy! Check it out today!
Connecticut’s Kid Governor® is a national award-winning statewide civics program created by the Connecticut Democracy Center (CTDC), formerly the Connecticut Public Affairs Network (CPAN). Connecticut’s Kid Governor is presented with support from the Connecticut Council for the Social Studies.