Whether you are a student running to be Connecticut’s Kid Governor or you are a student voting in the Statewide Election, you have a voice. Explore these resources to help you discover community issues that interest you, see how students like you have gotten involved in their communities, and find out how you can get involved and make a difference!
Student Action Resource Center
Visit the Student Action Resource Center to learn how you can make a difference in your community.
- What is a community issue?
- How do I learn more about a community issue?
- How do I work with my classmates and friends?
- How can I contact an elected official about my community issue?
- How can I take action?
Meet the Candidates Exhibit
Students who run to become the next Connecticut’s Kid Governor have the opportunity to share their community issues and why they care about these issues in the Meet the Candidates Exhibit. You can explore this year’s Traveling Exhibit HERE.
Hall of Kid Governors
Learn about the current and previous Kid Governors in the Hall of Kid Governors.
Get Inspired: Watch Past Kid Governors & Cabinet Member Videos
Share: Tell Us What You Are Doing to Make a Difference
With the help of a parent or teacher, let Connecticut’s Kid Governor know what you are doing to make a difference in your community! Send us your story by emailing info@KidGovernor.org and you may be featured on our website! In your email, consider including:
- Your name, school, grade, and town.
- What community issue you think is important and why.
- What you have been doing to make a difference in your community.
- A picture.