Platform: Be Positive: Pandemic Perseverance
School: Oshana Elementary School, Southington
Blog: Be Positive: Pandemic Perseverance
Press: CTKG Reese in the News (coming soon)
YouTube: 2021 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Reese Naughton
Cabinet: 2021 Kid Governor’s Cabinet
Fifth graders can support CTKG Reese’s platform by:
- Exploring Reese’s Virtual Community Crate of positive messages by and for students!
- Submit their own positive messages for the Virtual Community Crate!
- Enter Reese’s CT Family Day Poster Contest, in partnership with the Department of Children and Families! Submissions due June 11.
- Participate in Reese’s Summer 2021 Outdoors-A-Thon activity challenge!
My name is Reese Naughton and I attend Oshana Elementary School. I live in Southington with my mom, dad, two pugs Walter and Stanley, and my cat Lucy. I have two sisters in college. I love to snowboard, play my guitar, read, cook, make crafts, and travel with my family. I am a great leader because I am strong and stand up for what I believe in. I’m a “STEPS” Leader at my school and also a junior board member for a local nonprofit organization.
CTKG Reese’s Platform
2021 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Reese Naughton was elected on her Be Positive: Pandemic Perseverance platform focused on physical and mental health during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Her platform focuses on three platform points:
- Brighten the lives of nursing home residents through positive messages by making Valentine’s Day cards, paper decorations, or drawings to send to local nursing facilities.
- Create a virtual community crate and coordinate a statewide poster contest for positive messages by and for students.
- Encourage students to take care of their mental health through safe, outdoor activities with a provided list of activities and a friendly competition between schools.
Watch Reese’s campaign video for more about her campaign!
Highlights from Reese’s Term in Office
Reese is announced as the 2021 Connecticut’s Kid Governor
On November 20, 2020, WTNH’s Keith Kountz and Secretary of the State Denise Merrill announced that Reese Naughton was elected by the fifth graders of Connecticut to serve as the 2021 Connecticut’s Kid Governor.
You can watch Reese’s entire announcement event HERE.
December 3, 2020
On the morning of Thursday, December 3, 2020, CTKG-elect Reese was recognized in a socially distanced outdoor ceremony by the Southington Town Council and Commissioner of Education Cardona. During the ceremony, members of the Town Council recognized the importance of Reese’s platform during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Commissioner Cardona presented Reese with a citation from Governor Lamont and discussed how important her platform is.