“Meet the Candidates” Traveling Exhibit
The “Meet the Candidates” Traveling Exhibit celebrates the candidates and nominees who ran for 2018 Connecticut’s Kid Governor. More than 6,100 5th graders registered to vote in the third annual election, which took place November 6-14, 2017 in schools across Connecticut. Each exhibit panel showcases a candidate for CTKG and highlights their community issue, their three point plan, an explanation of why their issue is important, and a brief candidate bio.
The exhibit will travel to schools and libraries all over the state, allowing students and adults to learn more about these important issues and Connecticut 5th graders who want to make a difference in their communities. We invite your school or library to be one of a select number of schools and libraries to host the exhibit this year!
Scheduled Dates and Venues
- January-December 2018- Connecticut’s Old State House, Hartford, CT. Open to the public! (admission rates apply)
- May 14-18, 2018- Pleasant Valley School, South Windsor, CT
- May 21-25, 2018- Washington Elementary School, Manchester, CT
- May 29-June 8, 2018- Prudence Crandall School, Enfield, CT
- June 11-15, 2018- CREC Discovery Academy, Wethersfield, CT
- September 6-14- Thomaston Center School, Thomaston, CT
- September 17-21- Nathan Hale Elementary School, Meriden, CT
- September 24-28- Long Meadow School, Middlebury, CT
- October 1-5- Our Lady of Fatima School, Wilton, CT
- October 8-12- Plantsville Elementary School, Southington ,CT
CTKG Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit Fact Sheet – Information about the exhibit, its contents, and how it can be displayed.
CTKG Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit Lesson Plans – Schools who host the exhibit will also receive two civic action lesson plans that teachers of all grades can use in conjunction with the exhibit.
Request a stop at your site!
To bring the Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit to your school, library, or site, please email email@example.com with the subject line “2018 Traveling Exhibit,” or call 860-837-0171 ext. 28.