Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit
The Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit is back for the 2018-19 school year! For a second year, we’ve created this traveling exhibit to highlight the students who ran for Connecticut’s Kid Governor this school year and their platforms. Each exhibit panel showcases a candidates or nominee for CTKG and highlights their community issues, their three-point plan, an explanation of why their issue is important, and a brief bio. This year’s exhibit features 13 student panels and accompanying lesson plans to inspire students of all ages in your school to be active, engaged citizens.
Last year’s exhibit visited 12 schools across the state and was seen by an estimated 4,500– will your school be a stop this spring? To request the exhibit, email Jacob at Jacob.Orcutt@KidGovernor.org.
Scheduled Dates and Venues
- January-December 2019- Connecticut’s Old State House, Hartford, CT. Open to the public! (admission rates apply)
- March 7-15, 2019- Casimir Pulaski Elementary School, Meriden, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Jason Hayes)
- March 15-22, 2019- Canton Intermediate School, Canton, CT (Home of 2018 Nominee Margo Wiser)
- March 22-29, 2019- Webster Hill Elementary School, West Hartford, CT (Home of 2018 Nominee Gavin Potts)
- March 29- April 5, 2019- Norfeldt Elementary School, West Hartford, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Eva Greenspan)
- April 8-12, 2019- Pawcatuck Middle School, Pawcatuck, CT
- April 12-18, 2019- Sarah J. Rawson Elementary School, Hartford, CT
- April 18-26, 2019- Alfred E. Burr Elementary School, Hartford, CT
- April 26-May 3, 2019- Pleasant Valley Elementary School, South Windsor, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Hayden Xhokaxhiu)
- May 6-10, 2019- Plantsville Elementary School, Southington, CT (Home of 2018 Candidate Reilly Bard)
- May 13-17, 2019- Saxe Middle School, New Canaan, CT
CTKG Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit Fact Sheet– Information about the exhibit, its contents, and how it can be displayed.
CTKG Meet the Candidates Traveling Exhibit Lesson Plans– Schools who host the exhibit will also receive two civic action lesson plans that teachers of all grades can use in conjunction with the exhibit.
CTKG Meet the Candidates Panels– Whether the traveling exhibit is coming to your school or you just want to inspire your students, all of the panels are at your fingertips!