As the final part of 2019 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Ella’s Pride-Hope-Love platform, Ella wanted to help students feel PRIDE in who they are. To achieve this, she created this guide about how elementary school students can start a Pride-Hope-Love Club in their schools. This guide is intended to help schools create a club that fits with their needs. The guide includes:
- A simple 8-step guide on how to start a Pride-Hope-Love Club
- Additional resources for students
- Additional resources for teachers
Click HERE to download the guide.
The 8 Steps to Starting a Pride-Hope-Love Club
- Gather a few friends who want to help you start a Pride-Hope-Love Club and list your reasons for why this club is good for your school. Use these reasons to get support from your teacher.
- Ask your principal and tell them why you think your school needs a Pride-Hope-Love Club.
- Find an Adult Advisor/Mentor to guide you.
- Plan your first meeting!
- Spread the word and share with friends how they can join your club.
- Hold your first meet and make everyone feel welcome.
- Agree on the ground rules for your club.
- Make your own path for your Pride-Hope-Love Club!
Let us know if you start a Pride-Hope-Love Club in your school!
Email 2019 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Ella Briggs and tell us about your journey to start a Pride-Hope-Love Club in your school.
2019 Connecticut’s Kid Governor Ella Briggs
Brian Cofrancesco, Head of Kid Governor